Saturday, 28 June 2014

All Grain Brewing: Beard Ale

Beer: Red Beard Ale

Brewing Date: 18/04/2014

Brewing Breakdown

Why did I brew this beer? 

Well basically it was for me and a good friend, to have something dark for the incoming cooler months. I wasn't trying to replicate anything here, it was really a mash up of what he said he liked, and what I thought could possibly work well together. The fact that my mate has a huge red beard also led me to attempt to replicate something with a slight red hue here, hence the CaraRed. This really was a throw together and see what happens type of brew. 

Brewday Specifics

Anticipated OG - 1.060
                                         
Anticipated FG - 1.015
No Chill

Mash (60 Minutes - Single Infusion 67.5°C)


Variety
Grist %
Marris Otter
70%
Victory
28%
CaraRed
1.75%
Roasted Barley
0.25%

Boil (90 Minutes)

Variety
Time
IBU
Northern Brewer 
90
12
Amarillo
15
11
Amarillo
5
4
Amarillo
0
0

Yeast
Wyeast - Irish Ale 1084

  





0 comments:

Post a Comment